Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Still knitting and crocheting, but no pictures

I just finished two of Ellen's Ship support hat patterns. Trying to use up odds and ends. (Bev's challenge) I love to make this hat. This works for me: Knit the brim with #8's straight needles (to hard to coordinate the circular needles until I get a few row on). When I start the knitting I switch to the circular needles so I can knit, not knit and purl.

The pattern says to knit until 8", but after talking with my husband on his option the last one I did I knit to 7". Then I switch to dp needles (several of them I made from dowels). I'm not the best with them, but they end up making it a smoother process. Like the 7" better.

Heather's relief society is making hats I think for the homeless. Also Chris in SLC from Bev's charity group is collecting hats and scarves. She is such a grand cheerleader for us that I feel great supporting her effort.

You can download Ellen's Ship Support hat pattern from Lion Brand yarns in pdf also on Ship Support site, however I like the pdf format.

I sent off two boxes yesterday: one to Pine Ridge OB (CFAC) and one to Parkland Hospital (K4C). Who remembers what were in them, but they were crammed with items made with love. Love stuffing those flat rate postage boxes.

Julia is working on her third (this month) loomed hat. She's awesome.

Have to give Heather credit, she has so much going in her life and crafting never has high on her list. However she has been looming hats for her ward's project. I am so amazed with her writing talents, I am in awe with all her talents.

Plans for the next couple of month are mittens and toddler/adult slippers and more hats. I have more room in another flat rate box to be filled before I mail it to Pine Ridge for the students. Also need to finish a burial gown, almost done to send to Bobbie at Balboa hospital. Booties for humanitian aid also. I have several small quilts cut out that I need to finish up, who knows but I really need to learn to use my new machine.

Keeps me busy, sane and gives me an excuse for watching my favorite tv shows.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting article
ToddDiroberto

1:49 PM  
Blogger bevq said...

Love to read about all you are doing to help others. :)

Bev

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home